Friday 30 March 2012

I'm seeing checks in front of my eyes

The hardest part of collecting a Lamenters army has to be painting the army badge. I'm trying a few techniques and attempting to hit upon a fool proof method but alas inspiration is yet to strike.

My chief and once principal idea was to print of a sheet of logos I have on PDF, the plan being to print onto clear adhesive plastic used to cover books. However this plan fell awry, using an inkjet printer didn't help and the ink barely adhered wiping off with a touch.

So it looks like I'll have to do it the old fashioned way, I started with the checked background. I painted the left shoulder pad of the marines in skull white before adding in the chaos black squares, while I managed to do one, maybe two satisfactory examples most where awful. I'm simply not skilled enough with a brush and this method lacked consistency.

By chance my gaze feel upon a black inkjet pen, 'i wonder' my enquiring mind thought, and I gave it a go. Whilst by no means perfect, I could achieve in my mind a far better finish using the pen. Join me next time for my schemes to avoid painting bleeding hearts.

No comments:

Post a Comment